Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Update

The things I learned at JU this week are:

1. When the teachers say they want to confuse you by giving you contradictory essays to read, what they mean is - 'I will mumble so much you won't understand me, but soon you will learn to lipread and then I will find words to mouth that will confuse you much, much, more than Lovejoy's three-page sentences ever could.'


2. Icky Pink Day - What is it? Why do the seniors do it? The use of the word *icky* suggests that they are aware that pink is, in fact, icky; yet they persist in gross sartorial misjudgments and blot the landscape with splashes of maroon, fluorescent half-red, and baby pink. Pink suits only one out of every six of them, and the worst offenders are those who think that they're that one. Possibly they are trying to out closet homosexuals/revert to the flowerchild age/trigger a sartorial revolution/be funny/scare juniors/all of the above. Or maybe they just like pink. But why?


3. Getting Punk'd - was not so bad. Come on, a fake assignment that everyone except me apparently saw through? Saved me getting politicized, but apart from that.......


4. Library Cards - specifically, getting them, require several hours of training in advance and should be included as an Olympic event sometime in the next couple of centuries, when Judeans take over from the Freemasons (or the Illuminati or the aliens or the Brotherhood of Microsoft Executives or whatever cult you think has it going on) as the shadowy reins behind world domination. And while we're on the topic, fuck you, B*thune website administrators! Still think I'm not good enough for you?? In yo face!


5. Adjustment - Jude was an awakening in many ways, and certainly the unspoken glamour hasn't rubbed off yet; but at the same time the size of the workload and the amount of potential work involved requires some serious thought before I shelve it until there is a test to pass or something. I mean, it's not that I work that well under pressure so much as I don't work at any other time.


So there you have it. Thoughts? I will update again next week probably, and if I stay strong I will hopefully stop myself from buying something in pink with a cute quote about frogs and/or che guevara. Good night, and good week to you.

4 comments:

  1. Icky Pink day was started by July-child and Rhea Silvia, as they call themselves in the blog world. The rest... erm... I honestly don't know.

    And do give the poor mumbler a break. He knows a lot, really, just try to catch him in a room smaller than a full-sized classroom :-/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will soon be trained enough to hear through that mumbling. Why do you think I chose sound engineering? :P

    Anyway, looks like there's a lot of hope for you after all. So think it over, fell the guilt and shelve the books. Mid-sems are ancient history and end-sems are far away. Time to skive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fake assignment as getting punk'd? That's quite nice, I must say.

    Write about frogs next time, your knowledge, a.k.a, quotes, attraction and affinity towards them is a force to be reckoned with.

    You have a good week as well! Ciao babe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fake assignment...ah, I didn't see through it either. So you're not the only one.
    And I could catch all that "the mumbler" said, all that any teacher says; call that a benefit of being a first-bencher! =D
    AND...I don't, for some reason, find that JUDE is much of a pressure yet, unless you're hoping to top the class, which I think you are. Right?

    ReplyDelete